What time did you wake up today? What did you do in the first hour you woke up? Was it productive and empowering or was it the same old routine you’ve done for a long time?
If you check your email, Facebook, and turn on your TV first thing every morning, you’re not maximizing that very first hour of the day that you have.
It’s not secret that many high level people and CEOs have a morning routine. They know their day will be busy, but they find the time in the morning to focus on improving themselves.
I came across the benefits of a morning routine when I began to turn my life around. I had never had a morning routine. I realized I should try to have a routine because the results I had gotten so far were not the results I wanted. Therefore, I had to try something different.
My morning routine consisted of visualization, affirmations, reading, writing in my gratitude journal, and exercise all before I checked my email and turned on my computer.
I have no doubt that by having a morning routine with behaviors that increased my health and my mind were crucial in changing my life. No matter what happened during the day, I always set aside time in the morning for my own personal development.
In today’s episode, I talk to Hal Elrod, who wrote a book called “The Miracle Morning: The Not So Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8am). I read his book about a year ago and loved it. He went into so much detail about the benefits of a morning routine and how it changed his life. He’s shares what six things he does every morning that has changed his life and the lives of the people he teaches.
Besides an author, he’s a professional speaker, and success coach. What’s even more inspiring is how he overcome two events that sank him to rock bottom. One time actually killing him. You will love his story.
Other topics in this episode:
- Life S.A.V.E.R.S – the foundation of his morning routine.
- What actor Will Smith said is the single most influence thing to his success.
- What helped Hal get out of a depression.
- The 6 minute Miracle Morning routine for busy people.
- The clarity components – What do you want? Why do you want it? What’s preventing you from getting it or what will get in your way? What do you need to do each day that will virtually guarantee your success? Who’s going to hold you accountable?
- Two simple questions to answer in your daily journal that will make you feel great and make progress on your goals.
- How to get that feeling of Christmas morning back.
- How to become a morning person, when you’re not.
- Being hit by a drunk driver, clinical dead for 6 minutes, in a coma, and being told he’d never walk again.
- What he did after waking up from his coma that doctor’s thought wasn’t normal.
- The 5 minute rule.
- Why going into debt was worse than dying.
- The one thing that changed everything for him.
- The Miracle Morning – on Kindle or Paperback
- Achieve Your Goals Podcast
If you enjoyed, I would really appreciate a review in iTunes!