Business partners Allen and Cathryn both started their careers in the typical fashion. Get a job and start working. However they realized they weren’t meant for a cubicle job. Cathryn even spent seven years studying to be an architect, but once she began work, quickly realized she hated it.
They separately knew they wanted to be entrepreneurs but do what? Through persistence and hard work, they both now running multiple businesses.
Now they’ve created a daily journal and planner that aims to help structure the day, enjoy life, and reach our goals. It’s called the Self Journal and after seeing the preview and talking with them, I’ve ordered my own copy.
I’m a big fan of journaling to keep track of daily and monthly progress. I hadn’t been able to find a good one for a few years that met my needs.
So I’m excited to have the both of them on the podcast.
Some topics we cover:
- Their previous jobs and how they started their businesses
- The factors they considered before quitting their day jobs
- How their school degrees and work experience affected their businesses now
- How they cope up with failures
- How they became business partners
- Their morning routines
- What they do to be extremely productive during the day
- The importance using a daily journal and planner
Resources we talk about during the interview:
The Miracle Morning – the best book on how to start a morning routine
Headspace – meditation app (I use this daily)
Muse – meditation tool
7 minute workout – Get a quick workout anytime
Coach.me – daily habit tracker for iOS and Android
The Self Journal – Pre-order yours on Kickstarter
Free resources for the Get Busy Living listeners
If you enjoyed, I would really appreciate a review in iTunes!