Living in the past is never a good thing. I’m a believe that we have to let go of the past in order to move forward. However I am a believer at taking the time to reflect on the past 12 months. It’s like going to the dentist or the doctor’s for a regular check up, but less painful.
By reflecting on the past 12 months, it lets us take time to assess what we have done. What did we do well? What did we do poorly? What do we need to do more of? What do we need to do less of? These questions and more can help us make sure that we’re on the right track for the next 12 months.
We don’t want to be a dog chasing our tail and end up in the same situation, as the same person, and wasted a whole year.
That’s why before we get too far along in 2015, it’s best to take time to do a year in review.
Here are links mentioned in this episode:
- Art of Nonconformity
- Macjournal – the software I use for journaling
- Headspace – What I use for mediation. Get a free 10 day trial. Available on iOS and Android.
- Blinkist – Read the best non-fiction books in less than 15 mins. My new favorite app. Sign up for a free 3 day trial (no credit card needed. Just your email.) If you love it as much as I do, sign up for an annual plan with the promo code “getbusyliving” and get 20% off.
- Morning routine – In episode 10, I did an interview with Hal Elrod who talks about how a morning routine can change your life.
- A worksheet for your own year in review
If you enjoyed, I would really appreciate a review in iTunes!