So much has happened in 2011 and it’s not over yet. It’s going to be one of those years when I look back 10-20 years from now as a huge turning point in my life. For starters I got married in October! Then I had a week when I made $15,548! I don’t know which one I was more excited about. Let me think. I’m joking of course. Don’t tell my wife I had to think.
The plan is to not rest on what I’ve accomplished this year, but use this as a foundation for the future.
Earlier this year, I wrote about the importance of gratitude in my 30 day gratitude challenge. It shouldn’t just be done once a year at Thanksgiving, but something we do every day like showering and brushing your teeth. The power of gratitude has been scientifically proven. You can have more health, more wealth, and increase happiness. Wouldn’t we all want that?
I have lots of things to be thankful for this year, and I’m sure spending 5-10 minutes a day to be thankful has helped shape my life.
Today, I want to take a moment to share what I’m thankful for this 2011. At the end in the comments, it’d be great to share some things you’re thankful for.
1. Clean drinking water. It’s my favorite drink.
2. Having at least three good meals a day.
3. Having the sense of smell, touch, sight, taste and hearing.
4. Ten fingers including two thumbs. Life is hard without thumbs!
5. Two healthy legs that let me move around freely and without pain.
6. A comfortable bed to sleep in every night.
7. Having a great house with everything I need.
8. My family all being healthy.
9. Being able to pay all my bills on time every month.
10. My amazing wife.
11. Traveling to Bali, Indonesia for the first time and staying here.
12. College and NFL football on the weekends.
13. Oreo cookies, Chinese food, ice cream, BBQ ribs, and pizza. Basically all foods.
14. Computers and smartphones for learning, creating, entertaining, and connecting.
15. The internet and social media.
16. Laughing every single day.
17. Having our Las Vegas wedding with Elvis go smoothly.
18. Hot showers in the winter and cool showers in the summer.
19. Having my dream come true and having an iPhone app, Photo 365.
20. Having Photo 365 become App of the Week (still in shock).
22. Starting Get Busy Living from no readers to having thousands of people a month like you read it.
23. Being able to use my creativity in different ways.
24. Getting to know others this year that inpsire me.
25. Every email I’ve gotten about questions for help, my e-book, or the subscriber emails (sign up in the sidebar) I send out.
26. Having a great community who share my posts and leave comments.
28. Every single person that has bought a Get Busy Living T-Shirt!!
29. Finally taking control and taking action in my life.
30. Being safe and healthy this year.
What about you?
What are some things you’re thankful for? Take a moment and let us know.